The Ultimate Harry Potter Bucket List All Potterheads Needs To Complete


The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has so many amazing real-life sights and activities in the muggle world. These 21 Magical Harry Potter things to do before you die are every Potterhead’s dream! 
Unfortunately, I can’t dive headfirst into the books and live in the Wizarding World, but my Bucket List has some good substitutes. I haven’t done everything on this Harry Potter bucket list, but one day I’m sure I’ll do all of these Harry Potter things to do before you die:

1. Go to platform 9 and 3/4s

Who won't visit this platform after being a Potterhead? King's Cross station replicated Platform 9 & 3/4s. It used to be literally between Platforms 9 and 10, but all the Potterheads were obstructing people trying to go to work. Now it’s outside the platforms, next to the gift shop.



2. See the Hogwarts castle

Hogwarts was made up of lots of different sets and locations, so the big grand Hogwarts castle, unfortunately, doesn’t exist in real life. However, most of the outside is Alnwick castle in Northumberland!



3.Have a movie marathon

A Harry Potter movie marathon would take 19 hours and 39 minutes when you don’t schedule in the bathroom and food breaks. This might seem impossible but you can try it one day. 


4.Play Muggle Quidditch 

Just because we can’t fly, doesn’t mean we can’t play Muggle quidditch. In this version, you don’t just chase the snitch, you can be the golden snitch! Here’s how to play Muggle Quidditch. Enjoy!


5. Read all the seven books

Anyone who loves to watch movies should read books to experience the real magic of Harry Potter. As wonderful as the movies are if you don’t read the books you won’t know about S.P.E.W, Winky, or the fact that Dumbledore asked Harry if he put his name in the Goblet of Fire calmly.



6. Get my Hogwarts acceptance letter

Even if I can’t go to Hogwarts, an acceptance letter addressed to me is still a dream. If you have a local Harry Potter club or society in school or college it can be arranged. Or you can DIY it. This will be fun.

7. Try Butterbeer 

I heard mixed reviews about the famous wizarding beverage, but I do know that they serve it in Universal, Orlando, so I guess you just have to try it for yourself. Honestly, it doesn’t have butter or beer! (plus how to make it)



8. Try every flavor jellybeans

Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Jelly beans are a fan favorite, but maybe not a wizard favorite with the odd flavors. Play with your friends and see who gets earwax or candy canes! 


9.Own your wand 

Although my wand is made of Acacia wood, with a unicorn hair core, 12 1/4'' and quite blendy flexible but unluckily I won't be able to buy it. But, maybe you can! Go for it. 



10. Find out about your Hogwarts house in Harry Potter Website 

All the fake quizzes told me I’m Ravenclaw, but in the main Harry Potter Website said Hufflepuff, so Hufflepuff it is! Go, find out yours and comment down below!


11. Get your house scarf!

After being sorted, you have sport your house scarf for and show off your Hogwarts House Pride! You get lots of compliments in Hogwarts scarfs.



12. Find out your Patronus:

It doesn’t matter that I can’t cast a Patronus, I still wanted to know what it was! Mine is Borzoi, it usually marks someone who is also easy-going, often quiet, and possessed of a good sense of humor. What's your Patronus?



13. Go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando

Orlando is as close to the Wizarding World as we can get. From Hogsmead to Hogwarts itself, Universal is like stepping into the movies themselves.

This would be my reaction seeing it for myself too.

14. Go on the studio tour in London: 

The studio tour has so many of the sets and costumes from the movies. Make sure to book a few months in advance as it sells out!



17. Stay in the Harry Potter Hotel in London:

The Georgian House Hotel in London’s “Wizard Chambers” is Harry Potter inspired, and feel like the Leaky Cauldron. You might as well spend the night there if you’re seeing the other Harry Potter sights in London. They have a couple of themed rooms, so I’d imagine you have to ask specifically for the wizard one.



18. Go to the cafe where J.K Rowling wrote in:

Although she started Harry Potter on a napkin on a train, J.K Rowling used to go to the Elephant House cafe to write Harry Potter. Now fans from all over the world visit the cafe. They even let fans write on the bathroom walls!

You can also visit the graveyard with tombstones that inspired Harry Potter characters' names like Tom Riddle and Hagrid.



19.Ride the Hogwarts Express:

I always feel reminded of Harry Potter on trains, but imagine being on the real deal? I’d take the lot off the trolley too!

You can do this in London at the studio tour, and in Florida at Universal.



20. Open the Mauraders Map: 

Of all the Harry Potter memorabilia, I feel the most drawn to the Mauraders Map. I think I just like things that feel a little pirate-y.




21. See Cursed Child:

Cursed Child is debated among Harry Potter fans about whether or not it’s canon. Either way, I think seeing the show on Broadway or the West End would be a magical night out!



22. And lastly, meet J.K Rowling! 

If you are a true Potterhead, you will surely meet her. I’d love to meet the women herself and thank her for making my childhood magical. And, hey! How can you forget Daniel, Emma and Rupert?!




What do you think of these Harry Potter things to do before you die? Have you done any of them? If you are a part of the Harry Potter club, make sure you share and comment down below!


A blog by Bidisha~

Where to find me?

PINTEREST

TUMBLR


Any Questions for me?? Ask hereπŸ‘‡

ASK ME ANYTHING!


Comments

  1. Normally , I would say I'm broke but its something else that would stop me from doing most of these πŸ˜‚ I hope uk what I'm talkin about πŸ™‚πŸ’€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i might know what you are talking about cz i have the problem... you are not alone

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts